Motorcycles have become an increasingly popular mode of transportation in the United States in recent years. This growing popularity has inevitably led to more motorcycle accidents, unfortunately. Therefore, if you’ve been involved in a motorcycle accident, the experienced motorcycle accident lawyers at Marc J. Shuman & Associates, LTD. are ready to represent you. They will ensure that you’re adequately compensated for any injuries, property damage, and pain and suffering you have endured as a result of your accident.
According to the National Center for Statistics and Analysis, in 2006 motorcyclists were about 35 times more likely than passenger car occupants to die in a motor vehicle traffic accident and eight times more likely to be injured. Furthermore, the fatality rate for motorcyclists in the same year (2006) was 5.5 times the rate for passenger car occupants. Plus, the rate of injuries for motorcyclists was 1.2 times that of passenger car occupants.
What To Do After A Motorcycle Accident
Even if you were fortunate enough to avoid serious injury in a motorcycle accident, you may still find yourself thrust into a legal mess. Additionally, accidents can expose motorcycle drivers to criminal and civil liability and result in the suspension or revocation of the motorcyclist’s driver’s license and all of the associated costs and other impacts. In situations like this, consulting an experienced motorcycle accident lawyer is especially important.
No matter who is at fault, the following strategies can determine your success:
- Never apologize or admit any fault in the accident.
- Never volunteer unnecessary information to anyone. If someone asks you a question that you do not wish to answer, simply say, “I don’t know.” It’s best to consult with your motorcycle accident lawyer before giving statements.
- Collect any names and phone numbers of witnesses for contact later by your motorcycle accident lawyer.
- Inspect the impact area. Take notes of any stop signs and traffic controls, trees, landmarks, or any other significant items that can determine fault.
- See a physician, which can help substantiate claims of any injuries.
How A Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Can Aid Your Case
Attorneys help clients deal with motorcycle accidents by:
- Providing advice: Your motorcycle accident lawyer will listen to the details of your case, analyze your legal position, and determine the appropriate course of action.
- Negotiating on your behalf: Experienced attorneys have the skills and experience to negotiate with other parties in your best interest.
- Representing you in court: Litigation is confusing, time-consuming, and subject to many unknowns. An experienced lawyer will help you file all the necessary legal paperwork, handle depositions, and assist you in preparing your answers.
Motorcycles are typically associated with speed and even reckless driving. As such, the police and other parties involved may have an automatic bias when dealing with a motorcycle accident case.
The professional motorcycle accident lawyers at our law offices will work closely with you. This will ensure that your lawyer handles your case justly in accordance with the law. And, that you receive any and all compensation which you have entitlement to.
Contact us at our law office today for a free consultation. We serve the metro Chicago area and all surrounding communities, from Arlington Heights to Joliet to Orland Park and beyond.
IF YOU OR SOMEONE YOU KNOW HAS BEEN INVOLVED IN A MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT,
CALL (800) 722-7944 OR (312) 422-0700 NOW TO Speak To An Experienced Injury Lawyer FOR FREE
Since 1996, the Law Offices of Marc J. Shuman & Associates have been helping motorcycle accident victims, all injured victims and their families, navigate the complex legal process. As experienced personal injury, worker’s compensation, and wrongful death attorneys, we can help you evaluate the facts, assess your options, navigate the legal challenges, and advocate on your behalf.
Marc J. Shuman & Associates has over 77 combined years of experience advocating for over 20,000 injury victims and their families and recovering over 50 million dollars on their behalf. We advocate on your behalf, so you can focus on the task of recovery.