Illinois Vehicle Insurance coverage | The last thing you want to worry about – when you need to use it!
Get a Free Review – Before that day comes!
Not all Illinois vehicle insurance policies are created equally, and many have fine print or hidden exclusions that can affect your car insurance claim. Be sure you have peace of mind knowing your insurance policy covers you and your family no matter what the situation.
Who Needs Auto Insurance?
Auto insurance protects you from financial losses such as vehicle repairs, medical bills, and legal services that could result from an auto accident.
Illinois law (625 ILCS 5/7-601) requires all motor vehicle owners to have minimum amounts of auto liability insurance. In addition, lending institutions may require physical damage insurance to protect their interest in a financed vehicle.
Too often we see clients or we talk to friends and family members and realize that they are either trying to buy the cheapest car insurance in Illinois or they are paying for things they should not be. General understanding of what “you” personally NEED in your insurance policy is hard to get clarity on because so much of it is hidden or confusing – because of this Shuman Legal is dedicated to offering FREE policy reviews/audits for anyone in the State of Illinois.
Helpful Tips from the Illinois Dept. of Insurance when Shopping For Insurance
- Find a reliable company. Contact the Department of Insurance to find out if a company is licensed in Illinois. Unlicensed companies are not required to comply with state insurance laws or participate in the Insurance Guaranty Fund which protects policyholders if a company goes bankrupt. Check a company’s complaint ratio. Our website lists complaint information for all companies with ten or more auto insurance complaints. Check a company’s financial stability to ensure that it can pay its claims.
- Find a reliable agent. Some companies sell through local agents and some through direct marketing or group plans. If you wish to buy insurance from an agent, look in the yellow pages or ask people you know and respect for their recommendations. Look for a licensed agent (insurance producer) who is reliable and helpful in answering any of your questions. You can verify an agent’s licensing status by contacting our Department or visiting the Producer Licensing Record of the Producer Information section on our website.
- Shop carefully. Insurance is expensive. You should shop around for the best product at the best price. The key to comparison-shopping is to determine what coverage you need, how much of it you need and what it will cost. Obtain more than one estimate or quote. Do not be rushed into buying a policy by high-pressure sales tactics. Do not be misled by advertising or buy a policy simply because it is endorsed on television, radio, in newspapers or other advertisements by famous people.
- Understand what you are buying. Ask for a detailed explanation in layman’s terms. Don’t accept calculations or examples you don’t understand. Remember, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
- Fill out your application completely and accurately. It is important to give correct and complete answers when applying for insurance. If you omit or misrepresent information, the company can void the contract.
Get a FREE Illinois Auto Insurance Audit
Car owners need very specific coverage and it’s a tragic fact that car insurance policies are NOT required by law to cover what most people think is pretty basic stuff. BE sure you have the coverage you need to protect you, your car, and your family from financial loss.
Get a FREE insurance review by one of our highly experienced personal injury lawyers. We do NOT sell insurance so we have no skin in the game. Reach out Now! The more you know – the better you can protect yourself and your loved ones.
We would rather talk to you today and ensure you are covered than represent you tomorrow and find out you were not. Call us, it’s free!Get a FREE Car Insurance Audit