Most slip and fall accidents occur as a result of negligence and can cause serious injury. Whether you intend to take your slip and fall case to court or have an out of court settlement, you will benefit significantly from the services and professional advice of a slip and fall attorney.
Hiring an Attorney is Important for the Following Reasons:
1. If you go to court unrepresented, you may end up causing irreparable damage to your case. You could even lose your rightly deserved damages. Hiring a legal advisor will help ensure you get the maximum compensation for your injury.
2. Most slip and fall attorneys operate on a contingency basis. In other words, you will not be expected to pay them anything unless you win the case. This makes them extra motivated to fight for you and win your case.
3. Even if your case does not go to court, your attorney will negotiate with the insurance companies for you. Chances are, you will get a much larger settlement if you are represented.
4. If your case goes to trial, you will need a lawyer to decide whether there is enough evidence of negligence to sustain your claim in court. Otherwise, a defense lawyer may take advantage of the situation and claim that your injuries are self-inflicted.
5. If you have a legitimate case and are seeking damages, you will want to hire an experienced slip and fall lawyer. While your case may appear straight forward, you will find that attempting to represent yourself is extremely risky.
6. A trained legal practitioner will have in-depth knowledge of all statutes relevant to your case. And, they will ensure that all important documentation is filled out on time so that your case is not time-barred.
If you are contemplating hiring a slip and fall attorney, find one with a proven track record in negotiating settlements. This saves you plenty of time and frustration and ensures you get the compensation you deserve.
Contact the law offices of Marc J. Shuman & Associates, LTD. to access competitive representation during trial.