A motorcycle accident may leave you or a loved one with serious life-changing injuries and numerous unforeseen expenses. During your recuperation, you may find yourself overwhelmed with all the paperwork necessitated by various medical procedures and ongoing insurance battles. You may be told an attorney is not necessary for your situation. However, an experienced Chicago motorcycle lawyer can evaluate your case and help you decide what the right course of action is for your situation.
Reasons to Hire a Chicago Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
- The injuries received as a result of the motorcycle accident left you hospitalized. An extended hospital stay can be a very costly expense.
- Even if the accident was months ago, you are still incurring medical bills. The bills may be from the initial hospitalization, extended stay or follow up care.
- Motorcycle accident injuries can be permanent and life-changing. Your injuries may have left you in need of continuing care, physical therapy or more medical procedures. An accident may require more than one surgery to help in mending broken bones, severe scarring or other medical treatment. Further treatment can add to your expenses which can negatively affect your monthly budget leaving you unable to pay bills.
- The motorcycle accident caused the death of a family member, child, spouse or loved one.
- The motorcycle accident involved alcohol and the other party was above the legal limit.
- The person responsible for the motorcycle accident was uninsured or under-insured.
A Chicago motorcycle accident lawyer will keep you informed throughout your entire claims process. That way, you can get back to your daily routine while you recover from your loss or begin to heal. A motorcycle accident lawyer will be sure to keep your best interests in mind as you move forward with your claim.
An expert attorney can aid you in filling out the insurance claim forms, gathering documentation, investigation, evidence and acquiring any other crucial data for the case. Plus, an experienced Chicago motorcycle accident lawyer will not be intimidated by insurance companies. And, if needed, they will help you to prepare for litigation or a trial.