The personal injury claims process can seem complicated and confusing. But, by breaking down the steps, filing a personal injury claim can be made significantly easier. Here are the steps you'll need to follow to file:
- Claim Submission :-Depending on the situation, you will need to file a claim with both your insurance company and the personal at fault. A lawyer can assist you in determining whether both insurance companies are liable to pay compensation for the claim.
- Provide Proof :-The insurance companies involved will appoint an insurance claims adjuster to validate your claim. You will need to provide proof to support your personal injury claim that shows the negligence of the person at fault, the severity of your injuries, any loss of wages and the amount of medical expenses incurred.
- Evaluating the settlement offers :-Once you file your personal injury claim, the insurance company adjuster may offer you a settlement. Your attorney will advise you whether or not to take the settlement offered, based on the facts of the case and the likelihood of success in court.
- Negotiations :-If you reject the initial settlement offer, the personal injury claims process moves into negotiations. If no mutual resolution can be reached, your case will go to court for final judgement.
- File a Lawsuit :-If no fair settlement is reached, a personal injury lawsuit can be filed. An experienced lawyer will do his or her best to get you a fair settlement without filing a lawsuit, but will also be there to fight for the compensation you deserve in the event your case goes to trial. At trial, you and the defendant will have the chance to provide testimony and physical evidence from lay and expert witnesses. Your attorney will make a compelling argument that you should be fully compensated for your injuries.
For your personal injury claims call the law offices of Shuman & Associates, LTD. You will not any pay legal fees until you receive compensation. For free legal advice, Contact us
at (312) 422-0700.