The Dos and Don’ts of Navigating a Car Accident
Being involved in a car accident
can be rather unsettling and scary. There are several things you should do, and others you should not. Marc J. Shuman & Associates, LTD, personal injury
and car accident lawyers, is pleased to offer the following dos and do nots should you get into a car accident.
- Check to make sure no one is serious injured, regardless of who caused the accident.
- Call 911, and have police, fire, and EMTs dispatched.
- Get the other person’s make, model, and license plate number.
- Follow all directives given by the 911 operator.
- Only exchange personal information if instructed to do so.
- Move a safe distance away from the accident if possible.
- Turn on the vehicle’s hazard lights.
- Call an accident injury law firm if you received personal injuries, to find out your options.
- Never flee the scene of an accident.
- Do not let the other person convince you to only exchange information and not call the police.
- Never give the police false information.
- Avoid letting your emotions and anger get out of control. It was an accident, not an “on-purpose.”
- Never refuse medical treatment, as you could be injured and not know it.
Feel free to contact us
at (800) 722-9744 now for a no-obligation consultation appointment with an experienced personal injury lawyer at Marc J. Shuman & Associated, LTD for more information and help filing a personal injury